Weekends mean good breakfast. During the week there is barely enough time to gulp a glass of orange juice and butter some toast before running out the door. So come Saturday and Sunday I like to take the time to cook and enjoy a yummy breakfast. Perhaps it will become a tradition that my little ones will reminisce about how their mama made good breakfast every weekend. Anyway I love trying something new and am so happy I found this crepe recipe. It is very versatile and can be used for breakfast, lunch or dessert. The warm aroma of vanilla and sugar that fills your house while cooking these crepes will make you crave them week after week.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt and melted butter until well blended.
- Heat a crepe pan over medium heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray. Use a sieve and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tip to spread the batter to the edges. The sieve will remove any lumps from the batter ensuring you have a smooth crepe. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill crepes with your fruit, whip cream, caramel, chocolate or ice cream.
Recipe adapted from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vanilla-Crepes/Detail.aspx