This was inspired by a post Oprah did about the top 20 things she knows for sure. So in my many many years of life (haha, sort of) here are the things I know for sure:
1) Every person whether you know them, think you know them, hate them or love them has a story.
2) Trust your gut. It does not lie.
3) Expect only what is shown to you. Many people get let down because they expect what they wish was so, not what they know is so.
4) There is no better feeling in the world than having a happy, healthy child. Take a moment each day to be grateful for the blessings you are given, not missing from your life.
5) Reflection is crucial to becoming a better person. Reflecting on who it is you want to be and then looking back each day, week or month and seeing if you are actually being that person. If not, what can you do to change that?
6) Always have a back up plan. For everything.
7) Education is the key to a better life.
8) Not everyone will like you. So what?
9) Flour and powdered sugar look the same. Label your containers before cooking.
10) If you don’t know what to do or don’t yet have the answer, it’s because it is not time for you to know.
11) Marriage takes work. A lot of work and time and effort. It’s like taking care of a house plant. When you stop paying attention, it will die.
12) Judge and be judged.
13) Rush Limbaugh sucks.
14) The choices you make define you and your life.
15) Like attracts like. Meaning positive thoughts attract positive things in yout life and vice versa.
16) ” Trouble don’t last always.” (A line from a Negro spiritual)
17) It’s never too late to change.
18) Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you. -Oprah
19) I truely believe one person can make a difference in the world. Be a friend. Do something nice to a stranger. Pay it forward.
20) Know how to be self sufficient. There are many times when you have no one but yourself to depend on.